Your fifth and final stress-busting tip from The Zen Project is to create a regular sleeping pattern. Think it’s not as easy as it sounds? Try these steps and let us know how you get on…
Did you know that April is Stress Awareness Month? According to a recent study by the Mental Health Foundation, 74% of people report feeling so stressed that they’ve been overwhelmed or unable to cope. We’re here to help!
- Create a pre-bedtime playlist. Studies have shown that playing classical music before going to sleep can improve the quality and duration of your zzz’s, but we say choose the genre that works for you!
- Dim the lights and lower the room temperature. It is said that optimum temperature for sleeping is 18 degrees celsius, so by lowering the thermostat, the body will adapt and you will begin to drift off.
- Turn off electronic devices. No surprise with this one, but we advise turning the TV and your phone off before bed – or better still don’t have them in your room at all – for better quality sleep.
- Jot your thoughts down. Journaling can be hugely beneficial for your mental health and writing your thoughts down before bed can help to declutter the mind and switch off.
- Relax the muscles through foam rolling or yin yoga. Myofascial release through foam rolling or yin yoga is excellent for releasing any tension stored in the body before switching off the lights and getting into a restorative deep sleep.
We’re so excited to have The Zen Project’s Mind, Body & Zen back at Latitude this year helping us all to find our zen. Tickets for Barclaycard presents Latitude 2023 are on sale now.