Latitude Festival is produced for the enjoyment of all those persons who attend. The licence is granted under strict conditions of public safety, prevention of disorder and prevention of public nuisance. Any person who disrupts the festival under any of the below sections will leave themselves liable for eviction from site. The decision as to the eviction will be at the discretion of the Security Co-ordinator following advice from Latitude Festival security staff.
Persons will be liable for eviction under the following circumstances:
a) Entering or being onsite without a ticket or relevant pass/ wristband
b) Unacceptable, disruptive or anti-social behaviour**
c) Having been arrested or cautioned in connection with a criminal offence, pending or post hand over to the Police
**Unacceptable behaviour that can lead to eviction includes:
- illegal activity;
- breaching the terms and conditions of entry;
- failing to submit to a search upon entry to the site;
- offensive behaviour;
- throwing hard objects in the direction of people;
- encouraging others to behave badly by incitement;
- preventing our security or emergency services reacting to a situation;
- taking tents with the intent of burning them;
- throwing gas canisters onto fires;
- building or fuelling large bonfires;
- committing a criminal offence but not arrested by the police;
- in possession of unlawful drugs;
- unofficially selling alcohol, tobacco, counterfeit or any unauthorised goods
- ticket touting;
- any other behaviour that leaves the Festival Director open to prosecution or is not conducive to maintaining a safe event
All persons evicted from site will be processed via the Security Control compound. All persons presented for eviction by security will be interviewed by the Security Co-ordinator and their details will be recorded in a database with their full personal details, a photograph, date and time and the reasons for eviction.
All persons who are to be evicted will be able to make a telephone call if they do not have a mobile phone in order to contact immediate members of their group and/or family, using a free phone within the Security Control compound.
Persons who are to be evicted will need to phone a friend on site to collect their belongings before their eviction as they themselves will not be permitted back into the event to find them. Latitude Festival will not be responsible for ensuring that they leave site with their belongings.
All evictees will be evicted from site via either:
o the bus station where they will make their own way home (Yellow Gate 1)
o the taxi rank where they will make their own way home (Yellow Gate 1)
o by being picked up inside Yellow Gate 1
o by being transported with their consent to an offsite town such as Halesworth or Beccles if they have no other way of leaving site. They will be transported by the Gainsborough eviction vehicle, Suffolk / Norfolk Constabulary will be informed and their wristbands will be removed to prevent them re-entering the festival.
All evictees will receive a letter detailing the eviction process and details of onward transportation.